Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Waste Virginier in West Virginia

C2+V2 4= West Virginia

I crossed from Virginia into West Virginia by travelling west funnily enough. Crossing into Greenbrier county I felt at home, and travelled upstream in the Greenbrier river for a while.

I was going to head north all the way, but something drew me out to the west, and before I knew it I was in Point Pleasant. Strange things started happening to me there, such as my fur turning orange and purple without me chameleonising it, and losing track of my blog without knowing it; I therefore have no information about my journey from Greenbrier to Point Pleasant.

Then a strange creature started appearing, kind of like a moth, but also like a man; sort of mothmanish! I don't suppose I should talk, being kind of wolfish, and kinda human. Anyway, in the end we got together and had a good chat. It's a legendary super-being as well, so we had plenty to talk about. As we were leaving I left my food wrapper behind, thinking it was biodegradable, and the Mothman asked if I always did that. I said yes, and it got quite angry, saying I should never leave waste to chance. I asked if it had ever done it and it said no. I assured it I would be more careful in the future, and it seemed pleased.

I left the next day, and headed east. I had a good time chameleonising in Auburn, ran with the elk in Elk Garden, and ended up with sore paws in Paw Paw. I'd really enjoyed travelling through West Virginia though, and once again running free through the Appalachian Mountain range.

As I rested my paws in Paw Paw I also planned the rest of the journey through the last twelve states. Although they are only small, and compacted into the north-east of the USA, I felt that they would provide the biggest test yet of my travel by acronym.

No comments: