Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No' Carol liner in North Carolina

C2+V2 2: North Carolina

I left Myrtle Beach at first light and crossed the border into North Carolina. I stopped in Bolivia for brekkie, and had some nice veggie tapas.

I ran over to Carolina Beach, and was going to catch a ship up the coast, but when I went to get on the only ship in port a guard asked my name. I remembered the trouble I'd had in South Carolina, with the ship that only allowed on creatures called Carol, so I said Carol. The guard chuckled, before saying 'I'm sorry, we don't allow Carols on this ship'.

I was proper brangled; thinking only Carols in South Carolina, and no Carols in North Carolina, what the heck's going on?!

Anyway, I didn't hang around to find out, and made my way inland. Heading up into the Piedmont I came across an old friend as I travelled through the Brushy Mountains; yes, none other than that ol' cad, Basil Brush. When I told him about my experiences with the ships he said 'boom boom', but I said it was no joke Basil, it really happened!

After bidding farewell to Basil I headed into higher mountains; the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Appalachians. After traversing a pine forest I came across an odd couple of characters; one was big and the other not at all. The big one was scolding the other, telling him 'that's another fine mess you've got me into'. I introduced myself, and they said they're names were Stan and Ollie. I asked what they were doing, and they said they were on the trail of the lonesome pine, but Stan had just got them lost. I told them I'd seen many pines on my journey, and pointed them in the direction of some lonesome looking ones.

I started making my way down soon after that, and entered Raleigh in time for tea. Everybody was riding around on bicycles there, so I joined in. I enjoyed it so much I rode up to Eden on one. It was so heavenly in Eden that I camped there. I had apple for supper.

No comments: