Sunday, August 31, 2008

New Yorkie in New York

N2 1: New York (State)

Leaving Vermont I crossed into New York and headed up into the Adirondack Mountains, passing Lake Placid on the way. You'll never believe this, but it looked very placid, although there wasn't as much water as I'd expected!

There was a drop more at Saratoga Springs, and I had a good bathe and swim, before a spot of brekkie. I was joined by a New York Giant there, and he introduced himself as Bill Purcell; he must have stood forty feet tall. He asked me if I wanted a chocolate bar, and I said depends what type, as I'm not really a big chockie fan. He brought out this bar that I didn't recognise, and I enquired as to its make. He said it's a Yorkie, and I said it doesn't look like the Yorkie I know and love, but he said that it was a new yorkie, that comes in chunks. I said thanks, but I think I'll stick to my fruit and veg, as I still had a lot of travelling to do that day.

After bidding farewell to Bill I headed down into the Catskill Mountains. I ran up Slide Mountain, and then slid down the other side, which was immense fun; I was glad I hadn't eaten Bill's new yorkie as it might have come up again!

Then I came across a cat who introduced itself as Molly the Moggie. It seemed to be a very precocious feline, and said it had many skills. So I shape-shifted into a cat, and we played with a ball of wool, climbed trees and lazed around. I must say that Molly was very skilled at these, but I was better at unravelling a ball of wool, although my technique was apparently unorthodox.

After bidding Molly au revoir I continued south-east, until reaching New York City; this guy called Joey wanted to play conkers in Yonkers, so I gave him a game, and beat him. His friends weren't too happy, so I bought them a coffee in a cafe called Central Perk. I had a nice chat and a good laugh with his charming friends, and after they got over Joey's conkers defeat they put me up in their flats.

No comments: