Thursday, August 28, 2008

Very Mount in Vermont

MNV 3: Vermont

Crossing into Vermont I headed straight up into the Green Mountains, and started singing the state song: 'These Green Mountains'. Well, I did add 'ygrey' onto the Green if I'm telling the truth, as I didn't see another soul all morning, and could imagine it was just me and the mountains.

Then I swam down the Winooski River to Lake Champlain, where I lunched by the waterside, and enjoyed a nice cooling post-meal dip in the clear water.

Then it was back up into the Green Mountains, and I started heading south towards New York. Along the trail I came across a greenybrown creature, which was hiking in the other direction. It introduced itself as Nigela the Northern Leopard Frog, and we entered into a lengthy conversation. It asked where I'd been in Vermont, and I told it, saying the Green Mountains had kept me in the mountains a lot, so it had been a very mount journey through Vermont.

After bidding farewell to Nigela, I made my edged along the outskirts of Rutland to avoid the rutting stags, and made it to New York state by nightfall. I still had 'These Greenygrey Mountains' in my head before dropping off to sleep.

No comments: