Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mane in Maine

MNV 1= Maine

Having accepted that I would have to take on this acronym without many memory aids I shapeshifted into a sea eagle and made my way up to the first leg of the acronynym without meaning, Maine.

However, as I flew I realised the letters followed alphabetically, so that was some help.

The scenery below was wonderful, and really whet my appetite for my land trip. Touching down in the north of Maine I was transported back in time to my travels across Canada, as the Canadian provinces of Quebec and New Brunswick border Maine.

Yes, I much preferred BASMOQ and N3+PEI to MNV I must say, but I musn't grumble, as the scenery in Maine is also beautiful, with about 90% of the state still wooded, and plenty of coastline.

I was also back in the Appalachians, and enjoyed the clear natural air as I ran through the powder puff snow, and towering trees. I stopped off in Caribou, and got talking to a moose called Stephen that said it was the King of Maine. I said that was impressive and complimented it on its cuddly ears. It said thanks, and complimented me on my greenygrey mane. I said thanks, but it's not really a mane, as lions have manes, but it's close enough, and I don't want to be pedantic.

After bidding goodbye to Stephen King I made my way down to Mars Hill, which was spacey, and then over to the east coast at Calais. I went for a swim in the Bay of Fundy there, and it was fun. Then I made my way down to Bath, and washed the salt water out of my greenygrey coat with a bath, before continuing to Portland, which reminded me of my time in Oregon, near the start of my journey in the USA.

I ended the day in Norway, and enjoyed the evening there. So that was the first leg of MNV over with, and I had thoroughly enjoyed it; even the acronym was starting to grow on me!

No comments: