Thursday, May 29, 2008

'ar can saw in Arkansas

MIMAL 4: ARKANSAS

Crossing the border into Arkansas I headed to the Strawberry River for breakfast and a swim: there's nothing quite like chewing on juicy ripe strawberries while doing butterfly!

Then I headed up into the Ozarks, and made good speed at high altitude across the impressive mountain range: I could see why Arkansas is called the Natural State.



I made it down to Little Rock by early afternoon, and continued to England for lunch.

I continued travelling south after some veggie sausages and mash. When I passed Carthage I saw a load of people riding elephants, which I thought was a very strange sight; although they looked as shocked to see me as I them.

I made it down to El Dorado by evening, and came across a gold miner who'd had a tree fall on her.

She said 'Can you saw, if so, there's a saw over near my bag, and would you mind sawing this tree off me?'

I said ''ah can caw' and rushed over to the saw before freeing her.

She was unharmed and cooked me dinner in return for my efforts.

After eating and saying goodbye I continued south to the border with Louisiana; the last stop on my journey down MIMAL.

No comments: