Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Da coat da soothe in South Dakota

US 17: South Dakota

Crossing into South Dakota I made good progress across the Badlands, which were nice and flat.

Then I made my way up into the Black Hills for lunch at Hot Springs. It was nice to relax after a long morning's running, and good to put my paws up for a while.

I passed Mt. Rushmore, and it was good to see all those president dudes from time gone by; maybe the greenygrey will be immortalised in such a way one day...only time will tell!

Then I passed through Deadwood, Sturgis and Spearfish on my way down to the prairie.

As I passed Buffalo and Bison I got into a tangle with some buffalo and bison, but my greenygrey coat kept me out of harm's way, and soothed any knocks.

I made it up to McIntosh by sundown, and camped on the border with North Dakota for the night.

No comments: