Saturday, May 24, 2008

I owe 'er in Iowa

MIMAL 2: IOWA

Crossing into Iowa I breakfasted at Spirit Lake, and enjoyed the good spirit I felt there.

Then I ran down to Cherokee and thrived on the good spirit I felt there too.

Feeling a bit warm after a good morning's running I swam down the Raccoon River during the afternoon. I really enjoyed it, and the raccoons were great fun, just messing about in the water all day.

I got into a bit of trouble in some rapids at one stage, and a raccoon called Racclisa helped me to the bank; even legendary superheroes get into bother sometimes you know, and you should always respect the strength of nature. I owe Racclisa a debt, and it won't be forgotten.

I got out of the river in Des Moines, and then headed south-west to Shenendoah, where I spent the night under a clear night sky with Missouri within sight.

No comments: