Thursday, May 8, 2008

No wrath da kota in North Dakota

US 18: North Dakota

I swam up Lake Oahe after stretching through the dawn, and it was nice to do a bit of marine travelling on a hot morning with my paws still singed from running through the Badlands the day before.

I lunched at Bismarck; I thought it was a big ship, and was surprised to find nothing of the naval vessel variety amongst the shops and homes.

Then I headed east along the Coteau du Missouri. It was mighty hot and I thought my greenygrey coat was going to rebel against me because it was having to work so hard to keep me from overheating, but when I asked if it was okay, it just said 'I feel no wrath'.

I was mighty pleased to hear it and grateful for the job it was doing.

Feeling assured, I carried on through the afternoon; passing Jamestown and Valley City before resting on the edge of Fargo for the night. There was thankfully no murders or funny stuff at Fargo!

No comments: