Thursday, March 13, 2008

Money in Montana

US 7: Montana

Crossing the border from Idaho to Montana I had breakfast on the edge of Eureka; I don't know if it was my close proximity to such a town, but some good ideas came to mind...I didn't find anything valuable however. I suppose that's par for the course though: all ideas and no dosh!

Then I headed over to East Glacier Park, before making my way to the Hungry Horse Reservoir. I swam across the Hungry Horse, ran to Flathead Lake and swam across that too.

I had lunch in Three Forks; without using any cutlery I may add, and then headed through the Crazy Mountains to Yellowstone. It was good to see my gray cousins back where they belong, and they presented me with a big yellow stone as a token of friendship.

So I did receive something valuable in Montana after all; what was that phrase, good things come to those who wait?

After leaving Yellowstone I headed to the Bighorn Mountains, and camped overnight on the border with Wyoming.

I had really enjoyed Montana, and it was easy to see why its nicknames include the "Land of Shining Mountains" and the "Big Sky Country".

No comments: