Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Arise in Arizona

U.S.A 10: Arizona

When I woke up I found I was in Arizona, and must have sleepwalked during the night; either that or somebody moved me! I wasn't complaining, as I was overlooking a lake, and there was a beautiful sunrise.



After swimming across the lake I ran through the pine forests of the Colorado Plateau during the morning, until reaching the edge of the Grand Canyon.


I lunched overlooking the canyon, and then made my way down into the gorge. I swam down the Colorado River and enjoyed the rapids swirling around my body like some kind of natural jacuzzi, but wouldn't recommend it to mortals, as it can be a little dangerous. My greenygrey fur protected me, but I would have picked up a few scratches otherwise.

Refreshed and invigorated I made my way across the desert in the afternoon, drinking cactus water along the way to keep me going, until I reached the border with New Mexico by nightfall.

I slept under a clear night sky, and didn't have any trouble nodding off, despite a few worries about where I'd wake up!

Images copied from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona

No comments: