Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rowed I land in Rhode Island

Mr.C 2: Rhode Island

Leaving Massachusetts with my chewers intact, I headed down to Prudence Island. It was nice and sunny when I arrived, and I spent a chilling morning relaxing on the beach.

However, a storm brewed up just before lunch, and my prudent decision to buy a canoe and oars was vindicated. So I pushed it out to sea, and paddled up the Narragansett Bay for an hour or two, until the city of Providence was in sight. Just as I was about to reach the harbour a dream I'd had the night before came back into my head, with the thought of me telling myself 'Rowed, I land', and then a few minutes later I rowed my last, and landed.

Once back on terra firma I headed into the city, and to keep my grey side quiet I travelled back to the nineteenth century to watch the Providence Grays win the first World Championship in baseball history in 1884. Those were some celebrations.

After that I travelled back to the modern age and travelled up to Pawtucket, where I gave my paws a well-earned rest with a paw spa before tucking in to some tea.

Then I travelled west, with my revitalised paws carrying me at lightning speeds. I headed up Jerimoth Hill, Rhode Island's highest point, and camped there for the night. It's a beautiful place, but most of the good spots had already been taken by towel-wielding bugs.

No comments: