Friday, September 12, 2008

Pencil Vainier in Pennsylvania

PMD 1: Pennsylvania

The beginning of my last acronym; after months of virtual travelling and too many acronyms than I care to remember, here I was, crossing the border into my last one.

I made good progress in the morning, and found myself on Loyalsock Creek by lunchtime. It was nice and greenygrey there, so I felt at home, and enjoyed a nice little dip to refresh myself. My greenygrey coat was very appreciative.



While I was drying myself off a sock and a pencil approached me, and we entered into a nice conflab about this and that. We started talking about old wars, and how smartly dressed soldiers were often as patriotic as they were resplendent. I asked if it was similar for their kind. They agreed that socks are more loyal, while the pencil's vainier.

I thoroughly enjoyed our chat, and after saying chow I went to get some in the nearby town of Williamsport. I thought there might be lots of people called William playing games there, but I didn't see any. I didn't mind, even greenygreys get it wrong sometimes!

After that I headed west. My meeting with the pencil and the sock must have gone to my head, as I went out for a few beers with da boys in Du Boise, got oiled in Oil City, and had some mead in Meadville before sleeping it all off on the shores of Lake Erie. As usual at Lake Erie, I felt a bit eerie there, but this time it might have been because my head was spinning!

No comments: