Thursday, September 11, 2008

Con Etiquette in Connecticut

MR.C 3= Connecticut

Crossing into Connecticut I headed down to Lake Candlewood for a morning dip, and enjoyed it apart from the sticky goo floating on the surface; it got on my wick a bit.

I headed north-east after that, and called in at Waterbury for a bit of a rinse, before heading up to New Britain for tea and crumpets.

Energised from some good buttered crumpets and strong cream tea I headed up to Connecticut's biggest city, Hartford, in super fast time. I saw that the Hartford Wolf Pack was playing Worcester Sharks in an American Hockey League ice-hockey game that night, so bought a ticket and had some supper before going to the game.



As I arrived at the stadium a rough looking shark pushed into me before trying to sell me a dodgy looking ticket. I told it I already had a ticket and it should learn some con etiquette.

I really enjoyed the game, and especially as the Wolf Pack beat the Sharks in a close and good-natured game, although the Sharks did get a bit snappy at times.

It was night-time when the game finished, but I made my way over to the Connecticut River and swam south to the Long Island Sound. I surfaced in Old Lyme, where my greeny side felt very much at home. Even my grey side was quite limey by the time I entered open sea in the Sound. This came in handy when I ended up in Greenwich, and fitted in just perfectly. I slept well.

No comments: