Sunday, July 13, 2008

O, hi O in Ohio

TKO 3: Ohio

I crossed the Ohio River, from Covington in Kentucky to Cincinnati in Ohio. I had brekkie while listening to Dr. Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati.

Then I made my way up to Beavercreek for brunch with the beavers at the creek.

After saying farewell to the beavers I travelled through Springfield, where a family of yellow people were very friendly and funny. They said they'd give me a lift up to Columbus, but then the son wound the father up, and he crashed into a ditch while trying to reach behind to swipe him; it was a bit of a nightmare, but also funny when the father exclaimed 'Doh!' and the son ran off laughing.

I continued by foot, and made good progress along the flat wide open farmland that makes up much of the state.

I stopped for supper in Lima, which has a South American feel to it. A beautiful red bird landed near me and introduced itself as O the Cardinal. I was taken aback by its radiance, and was a little brangled; you know, when your brain's in a tangle. I eventually just blurted out 'O hi O'. O was very friendly though, and we shared some buckeyes while having a good chat.

After saying adios to O I continued north until reaching Cleveland. I slept on the beach there, on the shores of Lake Erie. However, I didn't sleep for a while, as there was something eerie about the place.

So I took some sleeping pills and they knocked me out; it brought my journey through TKO to a fitting end.

No comments: