Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Indy Anna in Indiana

WIIM 3: Indiana

Crossing the border into Indiana in the morning I headed over to Lafayette, as its the home town of Axl Rose and Izzy Straddlin of Guns n' Roses, one of my favourite human bands. Wolfmother are my top wolf group.

From there I headed south, drawn by some magnetic force towards the Angel Mounds State Historic Site near Evansville. I felt at home there, and had lunch on the prehistoric Native American site.

Travelling north in the afternoon I saw a load of horses, colts I think, and fast cars as I passed Indianapolis.

I had a bit of a swim in the Wabash when I reached it, but got into a little trouble. Lo and behold, who was there to rescue me, but the Anna that I'd met in Louisiana. After she'd pulled me out of the fast-flowing river I thanked her and asked how she was doing and where Louise was. She said that's fine, she was doing great, and her and Louise had gone in different directions for a while to do some independent travelling.

I thanked her again before heading further north, and slept just north of Elkhart. I, of course, didn't eat any elk-heart being a veggie.

No comments: