Monday, July 28, 2008

Georgier in Georgia

MAG 3: Georgia

Crossing the border into the third and final state of MAG, I headed over to Atlanta for a look, and ended up being chased by a CNN news crew, who thought a greenygrey werewolf in town was quite an exclusive. Luckily, my chameleon powers came in handy, and I was able to elude being captured on film; we're better at that sort of thing than those Bigfoots!

Then I headed down to Peachtree City for a lunch of peaches, and I must say I do dig those Georgia peaches.

Georgia was an old British colony, and I entered into a conversation with a local about what royal name they like the best, and it met a response of 'In Georgia, we prefer George'.

I then headed south-west to La Grange, where there was a band singing about sharp dressed men, legs, tush, and requesting all our loving. Two members of the band had big long beards, so they looked kind of wolfish, in a gray wolf kind of way.

I then continued south to Lake Seminole, before heading east to the Okefenokee Swamp. It was a bit of a perilous trek through the swamp, with many gators and snakes around, but through diplomacy and camouflage I managed it, and emerged on the east coast of the state and country after a few hours.

I slept the night in Brunswick, which reminded me of New Brunswick, where I had previously camped on the Atlantic east coast, only then in Canada. I'd covered a lot of miles since then, travelling from east to west across Canada, and west to east across the US, so I slept well after a bit of contemplation.

1 comment:

ONNO said...

You must be a tired wolf. Be sure to rest and eat well for the rest of your travels.

Dagny
www.onnotextiles.com
bamboo and organic clothing