Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Where's the prince? And another thing...

After a bit of a lie-in, I swam back across the Labrador sea in the morning, arriving on an eastern beach of Prince Edward Island by noon. I felt something nipping at my heels as I swam, and thought it might be some labradors finally making their presence felt.

On the way I passed the eastern tip of Nova Scotia, and remembered my time spent in that province only a few days previously.

I kind of expected a royal welcome upon arrival on Prince Edward Island, but there was no-one to be seen. Not even a lord or lady. I guess they must have been on some visit or other. I would be lying if I said I wasn't just a tad disappointed.

So I made my way over to Charlottetown, and guess what, there was no Charlotte to be seen. By this time I was highly vexed, and just sat in the park for a while, trying to get my head around it. No Prince Edward, no royalty, no Charlotte, what kind of an island is this?

Well, to cut a long story short, I couldn't get my head around it, and was so disappointed I decided to return to Newfoundland that afternoon.

So I decided to get the heck out of there. I swam out into the Atlantic Ocean, and was enjoying the icy waters so much I decided to head straight for Nunavut.

Leaving behind the provinces, I would land in the territories the next day.

No comments: