Friday, February 29, 2008

Oi'l be gone in Oregon

US 3: Oregon

I continued along the Cascades into Oregon, and popped down to the 'Rose City' of Portland for breakfast; I recommend the eggs sunny side up, and just love getting those coffee refills.

Yep, it was hard to drag myself away, but I made it in the end, and full of carbs and caffeine I almost bounced back up the Cascades.

I enjoyed the late morning, running through dense forests that seemed to stretch all the way up to the sky. After ascending Mt. Hood I slid down the glaciers to the shores of Trillium Lake, which I then cooled off in under a glorious sky.

I'd heard Oregon had a lot of diversity, and I wanted to see it, so I made my way down to the scrublands, prairies, and deserts in the afternoon, before visiting Crater Lake National Park in the evening.

Ending the long day in the pristine lake was serene, and I congratulated myself on a well planned day and journey through Oregon.

No comments: