Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Heading north-west in the Northwest territories

CT2: Northwest territories

Leaving Nunavut, I headed west, and reached Fort Smith in time for lunch. After that I headed north and reached the southern shore of the Great Slave Lake at Fort Resolution. Resting up there, while watching the wonderful nature around me, lifted my spirits after a hard journey.

I then made my way around the lake, to Dawson Landing and Hay River, before swimming across the lake to Yellowknife for supper.

As the evening drew in, I continued north-west, and reached the Nahanni National Park Reserve by midnight. I climbed the Mackenzie Mountains, crossed the Nahanni River at Lafferty's Riffle, and marvelled at the Virginia Falls.

It had been an exhausting but invigorating day, and I had reached the border with the Yukon as planned.

No comments: