Thursday, February 28, 2008

Washing in Washington

U.S. 2: Washington state

Leaving Kodiak Island soon after sunrise I swam and I swam, passing Yukon and British Columbia, which brought back good memories, until I reached Washington state just after midday. I was cold and tired, but wasn't too hungry, as there'd been a steady supply of seaweed on the way.

After a bit of a kip under a refreshing drizzle I made my way to Seattle and Aberdeen, before climbing up to the Cascade mountains; I travelled south over them during the day, passing Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens and finally Mount Adams.

I'd eaten an evening meal on Mount Rainier, overlooking Lake Reflection and Tacoma, which was nice. By the time I got to Mount Adams I was just about done in, and was happy to get myself some shuteye.

It had been a tough day, but I'd made good progress.


No comments: