Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tech us in Texas

US 13: Texas

To get to Texas from Colorado I first had to travel through New Mexico again, which was quite enjoyable anyway.

I reached Texas in time for a bit of brekkie, and then started making my way eastwards across the plains and prairies.

I was just getting into my stride the other side of Amarillo when I saw a big cattle drive ahead. I knew I was in trouble, as it stretched across the horizon, and there didn't seem any way around it even for a mythical legend like me.

So, I just kept going until reaching the outer edge of the drive. A cowboy called me over and said 'Are you the ones who've been interfering with our communications?'

I think he must have been seeing double or something, or maybe it was my greenygrey coat that confused him, but I just ignored that and said 'Tech us; I think you've got the wrong werewolves, we didn't even know you cowboys had gone hi-tech!'

He seemed happy with that and waved us, I mean me, on.

There were no more interruptions, and we, I mean I, made it over to the Red River just above Wichita by nightfall.

Yes, it'd been an eventful day in the big country, but I was looking forward to a calmer passage through Oklahoma the next day.

No comments: