Friday, April 4, 2008

Ok la homa in Oklahoma

U.S.A 14: Oklahoma

Crossing into Oklahoma via the Wichita Mountains I made good progress during the morning, and got up to the Canadian River for what I think is commonly termed a brunch.

Being near the Canadian River brought back memories of the early stages of my epic journey, and I revelled in my nostalgia for an hour or two.

I got so into my Canadian memories that I jumped in the river after lunch, and swam northwards for as long as possible.

After getting back on land I ran up to Buffalo. I was trying to avoid people if possible, but this friendly person who seemed a little insecure shouted out to me 'Whaddaya you think of mi homa?'

I don't know why they asked, as their home seemed fine, so I answered 'Ok la homa'.

They seemed really pleased at this, and bade me farewell after wishing me a safe journey.

I continued up to the Kansas border, and had a great sleep knowing I'd done a good deed for the day.

No comments: