Friday, July 25, 2008

I'll a balm 'er in Alabama

MAG 2: Alabama

Crossing into Alibami, umm, I mean Alabama, I heard some music which sounded ghostly but great; something about sweet home alabama.

It got my pace up alright, and I reached Florence for brekkie; it was served by a very nice woman carrying a lamp for some reason.

I continued east after polishing it all off; at times running and at other times taking a dip in the Tennessee River.

But then I saw a sign for Huntsville, and thought I'd better avoid it, so I started heading south.

I reached Jasper, near Birmingham, by lunchtime, and had carrots to eat.

I headed down to Greenville and Evergreen after sleeping my lunch off, before reaching the Gulf of Mexico at Mobile Bay.

It was so nice to be beside the seaside that I became quite sedentary, but after reminding myself I was in Mobile, I became mobile again, and started heading east towards Georgia.

On the way to the border I came across a female gator that looked in pain. When I enquired what was the matter, she said she had a sore leg, so I brought out some gilead balm I had from earlier in the trip, and applied it to the painful leg. It seemed to do the trick, and it was off swimming through the swamps in no time.

I reached the border with Georgia by nightfall, and slept well despite the humidity.

No comments: