Thursday, January 31, 2008

New found channels in Newfoundland

N3 3: Newfoundland

I had an early morning swim across to Newfoundland, landing just east of Channel-Port Aux Basques.

So I made my way over to the picturesque town, and had a brekkie of eggs and toast, and hot coffee.

Refreshed and energised I then made my way up to Fleur de Leys, for a good view of the Labrador Sea. I didn't see any Labradors though, and don't know if I scared them away or what?

I then headed back down south, to Harbour Breton, which is to the east of Channel-Port Aux Basques, and just as nice in my view. It was really nice and quiet during the whole journey, and I was able to let my mind wander.

After an afternoon and evening spent cavorting in and around Harbour Breton I made my way back up to Channel-Port Aux Basques before nightfall, so I would be ready to swim to Prince Edward Island in the morning.

No comments: